MD Security System 2.5 released
As many of you noticed, in the last few months I’ve been working a lot on the MD Security System, releasing several updates (2.3.x and 2.4). Unfortunately, the last version named 2.4 had some major bugs and issues which could lead to the orb’s complete brick in some circumstances (sorry for that!).
Today I am happy to announce the release of the version 2.5 which should hopefully fix all those annoying bugs, making the MD Security System much more stable and reliable. Along with the bug fixes, this new update includes some new features as well, which I am going to list below here along with a recap of the major features introduced in the past months:
- Simplified the scan system method, now named in “mode” and presenting only 4 different options: allow, ban, ban&eject, scan&eject;
- Introduced the “pay info” option: when enabled, avatars without payment info will be automatically ejected;
- Introduced the “min age” option: when enabled, avatars below a specific age (in days) will be automatically ejected;
- Introduced the “Max ARC” option: when enabled, avatars having an excessive ARC (avatar-rendering cost) will be automatically ejected;
- Introduced the “Max Stay” option: when enabled, avatars will be automatically ejected after a specific timeout (in minutes);
- Improved the access list restore feature from an online backup;
- Fixed all the bugs that could lead to the security system’s brick;
- Simplified the process workflow when some avatar is found and the silent mode is off;
- Improved scripts’s performance and fixed other little bugs;
- Better owner menu, easier to use and read;
- A lot of other things I am sure I am forgetting right now;
As always the new version is available for free to all whom purchased it already, you can get it via update from one of your terminals (owner menu>update) or through the redelivery terminal at MD Labs in-world store.