Hello everyone, I am writing this quick post to inform you all about the upcoming scheduled maintenance to the MD Vendor System data structure.
Here what you need to know:
- When will it happen? the maintenance is scheduled for Tuesday, November 5th 2019 from 5am SLT.
- Why are you doing this? To increase the system’s speed and reliability, decrease the system’s failed deliveries rate and prepare the system to the new features that will be included in the next release.
- How long will it take? Even tho I am not able to estimate an accurate duration for the whole process, it should take between 3 and 4 hours.
- Will all my in-world vendors and terminals keep working during the maintenance? Yes, I worked on the maintenance process for over a month now so it could run in background while the vendor’s main features will keep working. I expect the services to slow down a little during the maintenance but everything *should* keep working as usual.
- Will the Online Services website keep working during the maintenance? No, the MD Vendor System website will be temporary stopped and put in maintenance mode, exception made for the Redelivery page, in order to let all your customers be able to request redeliveries. The website will be back normally once the maintenance is over.
- Anything else will be stopped? Yes, resource-consuming tasks such as the Mass Redelivery will be stopped from in-world during the maintenance and restored once it will be completed.
- Anything else I should know/do? Yes: don’t panic, be patient and – if you can – avoid rezzing tons of new vendors during the maintenance.
Please contact me in-world or on discord if you have any question.