A new product from MD Labs: MD Trinket Machine
Hello everyone! Today, after several months of work, I am very happy to introduce you a new product in the MD Labs family: MD Trinket Machine!
A trinket is a small, trivial thing such as a piece of jewellery, a small ornament, a trifle or toy.-Izzy & the internet
MD Trinket Machine has been designed and created to be the natural successor of g**has: this new system inherits part of the mechanics and logic from it, but is one hundred percent compliant to the new Linden Lab guidelines and also fun to play.
MD Trinket Machine provides all the most loved features from the ga**a system such as:
- Common, rares and ultrarare items;
- Split profit with up to two avatars in addition to the owner;
- Direct pay;
- Special item to be gifted after a certain number of pulls;
The setup and usage is very simple and immediate: once the owner has rezzed the machine, dropped the items inside, set a play price and eventually edited the rares extraction percentages and shuffle time, the machine is ready to be used. At this point:
- a random item among the ones present inside the machine is extracted according to the rares category percentages (if provided). Depending on the version of MD Trinket Machine used, the details of the item extracted (name or key number) are shown either as hover text or in the designed text area;
- the machine will start a countdown accordingly to the shuffle time chosen by the owner (default is 1 hour); the countdown status is shown in real time either as hover text or in the designed text area; now:
- if a user pays the machine before the countdown is over the current item extracted is delivered to the payer avatar and the machine will restart its workflow from point #1;
- if no one pays the machine before the countdown is over then the machine will restart its workflow from point #1, extracting a new item randomly;
MD Trinket Machine comes in three different version to better fit everyone’s needs and preferences:
- MD Trinket Machine: the complete mesh version of MD Trinket Machine; this device comes loaded with all the necessary scripts and the user will just have to rez it on the ground and proceed with the setup.
- MD Trinket Machine (Board): a single-prim display board pre-loaded with the necessary script and made to be linked to any third-party machine, turning it into a MD Trinket Machine.
- MD Trinket Machine Script: the script-only version of MD Trinket Machine; once dropped it will transform the object into in a trinket machine.
All the three versions listed above are included in the product’s package, so owners can experiment and decide which version to use depending on their specific needs.
During the process of creating this new product I have faced several challenges especially because I truly wanted to provide you all a valid replacement to the g***a and at the same time knowing that no other system could be exactly like the original one I was replacing. I did my best to imagine a new product that could be as flexible as the ga**a, fun to play with a dose of game-of-chance whilst being totally compliant with the new guidelines that I was given; at the same time I received a lot of feedback, suggestions, requests which made clear to me the high expectations all of you have on this new product.
I know how delicate is when the expectations are so high and since I would never want to disappoint any of you I have decided to provide MD Trinket Machine as a free 30-days preview version: this means you can get a copy of the system for free and test it fully for 30 days and decide if it fits your needs; once the preview period is over the machines will stop working and they will have to be replaced with a full version of the product (which will be available in a few days).
As always I want to close this post with a big THANK YOU to all of you whom helped me suggesting me features, sharing ideas and thoughts, helped me testing and being patient and always supportive. I know I say this always but I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without you all.
For any question don’t hesitate to contact me in-world or through the MD Labs discord server.