Hello everyone! Today I am pleased to announce the availability of MD Security System 3.1.
This release brings a couple of new features and also some important bug fix:
- added support for quick erase of orb’s lists from MD Online Services website;
- added chat command to open the orb’s menu;
- improved the orb’s scan engine;
- fixed an annoying bug preventing the orb to correctly scan avatars when the group mode was enabled as part of the scan rules;
- improved the handling of generic http errors;
- improved the MD Online Services website;
As always the new version is available for free to all whom purchased it already, you can get it via update from one of your tracker (owner menu>update) or through the redelivery terminal at MD Labs in-world store.
In addition to this new release, I am announcing the planned retirement of some very old version of MD Security System. Below, you will find all the necessary info:
- Which products are going to be retired?
- MD Security System
- MD Security System (Copy)
- Which versions of the above products are going to be retired?
- version 1.8.0, released on 2015-07-29
- version 2.0.0, released on 2015-10-24
- version 2.0.1, released on 2015-11-15
- version 2.1.0, released on 2016-02-13
- version 2.2.0, released on 2016-03-13
- version 2.3.1, released on 2016-05-03
- version 2.3.3, released on 2016-05-31
- version 2.3.4, released on 2016-06-24
- version 2.4.0, released on 2016-08-04
- version 2.5.0, released on 2016-09-05
- version 2.5.1, released on 2016-10-03
- version 2.5.2, released on 2016-12-09
- When this will happen?
- the old versions retirement will start on September 1st, 2020
- Why are you doing this?
- the versions listed above are old: they still run on the old server and use ‘old’ code, which relies on obsolete technology. For this reason and in order to keep improving the quality of my work, I cannot afford anymore to maintain the back-compatibility with those versions using such an old technology.
- What will happen from the retirement day?
- all the security orbs- new and existing – running one of the above versions will stop communicating with the server. This will have mostly three effects:
- all the orb’s feature relying on the server will stop working;
- no data will be stored on the server anymore, so new orbs not be shown on MD Labs Online Services website;
- it will be impossible to interact with the orbs through the MD Labs Online Services website;
- What should I do to avoid all this?
- Simple: update your orbs. For doing this you will need the updated security orb; you can receive the updated version simply clicking on the “update” button from one of your orbs(owner menu>update) or through the redelivery terminal at MD Labs in-world store. Once obtained the updated version, simply replace your existing orb with the new one.
Once the older versions will be retired I will NOT offer support anymore for those devices, so please update in time to avoid any issues.
Please contact me in-world if you need any help before the retirement day.