MD Visitors Tracker 3: the long awaited one
Hello everyone, today I am announcing the general availability of a new milestone release for my visitors tracker: MD Visitors Tracker 3.
Before I start my usual endless roam on what’s new, let me tell you that I know, I know, I know. I know I am very late with this release; the latest one was pushed out in early 2016 and since then I have received a lot of suggestions and requests of improvements. Sadly as you all know everything got pretty busy lately and I had to delay the development of a new version for my visitors tracker… till now!
This release focus on improving every area of the visitors tracker, from adding the features that were most requested by you, to expanding the tracker’s capabilities while improving the existing ones.
The changelog is long (as always) and involves both the in-world device and the companion website at MD Labs Online Services;
- Managers! Yes, managers! One of the most requested feature is here: you can now add as many avatars as you want to your trackers and make them managers. They will be able to interact with your trackers directly in-world and also using the MD Labs Online Services website. In addition you can specify if each managers should be whitelisted as well; this leads us to the second most requested feature, which is…
- Whitelist! Yes, whitelist! You can add as many avatars as you want to your tracker’s whitelist and they will be completely ignored. This means they will not receive any greeting message as well as you will not receive any notification message about their presence;
- Group inviter module: in addition to greet your visitors, you can now send them an invitation to join your group. Visitors already wearing the chosen group tag will be automatically ignored from the group inviter module;
- Repeat timeout: you can now define a timeout for avoiding to greet the same avatars several times. The visitors will be greeted again only after the defined timeout has passed;
- Greeting mode: specify how visitors will receive the greeting message among via chat or dialog window;
- Performed a deep & complete rewrite of almost all code for the in-world tracker, especially the core algorithms for the avatars detection, to provide a reliable, consistent and strong tracking;
- Improved the automatic report feature: now it’s possible to pick the time of the day when to receive the automatic visitors report from the tracker;
- The tracker’s scan range can now be any value between 1 and 4096 meters, corresponding to the parcel scan;
- You can now archive unused trackers directly from in-world;
- A total rewrite of the communication protocol between in-world trackers and MD Labs Online Services website, in order to allow a faster and more reliable interaction;
- Added the automatic backup and restore of tracker’s settings: if you reset your device it will now automatically setup itself with the stored settings;
- Better handling of the demo license type;
- Tons of fixes for little silly bugs and memory optimizations;
In addition to all these changes, the MD Labs Online Services website for the MD Visitors Tracker has been completely rewritten to reflect the huge amount of changes performed to the device:
- The whole website is now dozen times faster and reliable when performing any action on the trackers;
- Added a ‘Visitors‘ tab, showing a list of all recent visitors. By clicking on each of them, you will be able to examine all the time they have been visiting you;
- MD Visitors Tracker’s owner can now add, remove and see all the managers and whitelisted avatars from the “Manager” & “Whitelist” tab;
- The owner can now export each tracker’s visitor list;
- The owner & allowed managers can access and change every aspect of the tracker’s functioning through the “Settings” tab;
You all know I cannot finish this post without saying a big THANK YOU to all of you whom helped me: from all of you who suggested me features and improvements over the years to who helped me testing out the visitors tracker in-world, under different environments. I couldn’t do this without you.
As always the new version is available for free to all whom purchased it already, you can get it via update from one of your tracker (owner menu>update) or through the redelivery terminal at MD Labs in-world store.